Come help us make a difference by assisting local homeowners with defensible space, home hardening, fuels reduction, and forest health projects.
The MCFSC is now accepting resumes from candidates interested in either part-time Office Administration or full-time Field Specialist Roles starting this spring.
Preference given to those with relevant experience, but we also offer paid training!
Interested candidates should see below, submit resumes to email@example.com or call 951-468-4142 for more information.
Hourly rates start at $20+ DOE for both positions. Valid CA Drivers’ License Required.
MCFSC is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to assist with our Fuels Reduction and Tree Removal Programs.
Experience with, and knowledge of, Word, Excel, Quickbooks, and Google Workspace preferred. Social Media, Graphic Design and/or WordPress skills are a bonus!
Duties may include:
• Answer phones and emails, file and organize
• Complete daily/weekly errands: check mail, bank deposit and more upon request
• Provide information to community members by answering questions and requests
• Provide administrative support to Operations Manager, and ad hoc admin support for field staff including data entry, document revision, research, and Application for Service intake
• Generate and maintain reports including Excel spreadsheets with formulas/calculations
• Assist the Operations Manager in tasks associated with grant writing and reporting
• Update website and social media profiles; create graphics, posts and ads as needed
• Assist with the annual newsletter
• Maintain membership database and mail acknowledgment for dues and donations
• Assemble board meeting packets (monthly)
•Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
• Collect and maintain volunteer hours and maintain volunteer hour database
MCFSC is seeking Field Staff to assist with our Fuels Reduction and Tree Removal Programs.
Experience with, and knowledge of, defensible space requirements (PRC 4291) strongly preferred.
Duties may include:
• Identify parcels that qualify for the Hazardous Fuels Reduction Program
• Perform all phases of site visits for bids and verification of work; take before and after photos
• Assist bid committee in the selection of the lowest, most responsible and responsive bidder to provide services to property owner
• Process agreements between selected contractors and property owners
• Assist team with grant programs and oversight under the guidance of the Operations Manager
• Train subsequent new employees who are assigned to the field
• Ensure adequate materials and equipment are ordered and stocked
• Maintain files and paperwork necessary for projects and archives
• Assist Operations Manager with grant applications and reporting as needed
• Maintain reportable information of the program to be made available to the county, state, or federal government at all times
• Interface with Administrative Assistant to maintain communication regarding office and project work
• Assist in PR Events and Community Education
• Minimize exposure and mitigate risk for MCFSC and Riverside County on all projects